Commercial enterprises with yards require professional logistics processes to handle the competitive pressure in global markets. The yards must be supported by a highly integrated and easy-to-operate system in a complete supply chain. SAP Yard Logistics (SAP YL) offers check-in to check-out support for transport units and it concentrates on the functionality of planning, implementation, yard operations, yard monitoring, and billing.
SAP YL simplifies and controls the transport processes on the plant premises. A graphical layout enables monitoring and visualization of the current situation in the yard. This provides complete transparency over all transport-relevant and value-adding processes in the yard. Intuitive user interfaces and mobile apps facilitate decision making for MRP controllers, drivers and security personnel, and reduce paper-based processes.
- Handling of processes in the yard for different means of transport
- Integration with SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) and SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM)
- Scheduling of incoming and outgoing transports
- Integration of dock appointment scheduling
- Implementation of yard activities using mobile devices
- Support for self-check-in processes (gate automation)
- Communication with company and external drivers (SMS-based communication)
- Creation of automated processes and tracking scenarios
- Various staging scenarios
- Billing of all yard activities in a single system