SAP core module and link to SAP SD
(SAP Sales und Distribution)
The SAP SD (SAP Sales and Distribution) module is considered one of the core modules of SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise Resource Planning) as it maps the handling of numerous marketing and sales processes, from the initial customer contact right up to receipt of the goods at the required destination and is thus an important component of the company’s business operation. Due to the broad range of functions, SAP SD has multiple contact points with other SAP modules such as:
- SAP Financial Accounting (SAP FI)
- SAP Controlling (SAP CO)
- SAP Material Management (SAP MM)
- SAP Quality Management (SAP QM)
- SAP Production Planning (SAP PP)
Main funcions of the SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) module
The main functions of SAP SD (SAP Sales and Distribution) include:
- Sales support
- Management of pre-sales activities
- Sales order creation and processing
- Picking, shipping and transport
- Billing of sales orders, credit and debit memo requests and returns
Through the administration of business partner contacts, the implementation of potential analyses, and the processing and evaluation of sales events and promotions, SAP SD as an interface to marketing and other functions, supports the company’s targeted promotional activities.
With regard to the control of pre-sales activities, SAP SD offers not only the opportunity to document queries from potential business partners and concrete offers, but also enables management of customer-specific outline agreements and order details such as terms of payment, conditions, deadlines or other adjustments. As part of the creation of a customer order, automatic data determination can be set.
Also, to ensure timely delivery to customers, you can activate an availability check for the requested materials. This checks the existing stocks and the requested delivery date and, if delivery does not take place, it forwards the requirements to production (SAP PP) or the purchasing department (SAP MM).
To ensure smooth processing in the picking, shipping & transport of your goods, the system provides the following functionality:
- Customer-specific master data maintenance
- Tax liability
- Complete or partial delivery
- Options for integration of the SAP Warehouse Management module (SAP WM)
- Replenishment planning
- Collective processing of transport orders
- Packing of delivery items to handling units
- Weight checks of shipments to comply with the permitted total capacity of the selected means of transport (truck, aircraft, etc.)
- Package tracking
- Options to integrate EDI
SAP SD takes account of customs provisions
The resulting requirements with regard to customs and foreign trade regulations can also be covered by the following functions:
- Complete integration into the SAP system (SAP MM, SAP SD, SAP FI)
- Customer-specific or material-specific monitoring of imports and exports
- Administration of prohibitions and restrictions with a user-friendly operating cockpit
- Compliance with legal provisions through warning functions
- Alert reporting
- Boycott lists
- Facility to create notifications to authorities (e.g. BAFA)
Triacos offers SAP SD (SAP Sales and Distribution)
As an SAP main contractor, we offer support for the introduction of innovative SAP project solutions, from the strategic objectives through to potential/feasibility analysis, process design and implementation, up to support for ongoing operations.
We provide tailored consulting in SAP ERP, SAP SD and SAP ECC. Our committed goal is to provide your company with SAP SD and SAP ECC support, and to provide you with advice and assistance at all times. Once we have worked with you to analyze your business processes, we can move on to implementing your processes in SAP from both a logical and a business perspective.
We offer comprehensive expertise in SAP SD and have proven our competencies time and again in a wide range of customer projects. We are equally happy working with standard SAP from start to finish or providing you with a customer-specific and made-to-measure solution.
Triacos lets you see with is achievable and what is necessary, thus enabling you to take the right decisions during the introduction and optimization of SAP SD.
SAP - Digital Supply Chain by Triacos
To ensure successful project handling and a digital supply chain, we supply all services needed from a single source.
- SAP general contractor
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- SAP Manufacturing (MES)
- SAP System integration
- SAP eCommerce (HYBRIS)
- SAP Basis / Installation / Development
- SAP Authorizations
- Project management as general contractor
- Consulting / Strategy consulting
- System integration
- Operations support
- Support after go-live