SAP Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM)
formerly SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM)
With the SAP module Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM) – formerly SAP PM (SAP Plant Maintenance) – SAP SE offers a comprehensive application for the maintenance of mobile and stationary plants and devices.
SAP EAM takes into account all maintenance measures in accordance with DIN 31051. For this purpose, integration with other SAP modules is important and it ensures the exchange of information between the individual departments and systems. All business processes can be integrated in the maintenance function and they can be mapped specifically for each company.
Fundamentals of maintenance (SAP EAM / SAP PM)
The definition stems from DIN 31051 – Fundamentals of maintenance:
“Combination of all technical administrative and managerial actions during the life cycle of an item intended to retain it in, or restore it to, a state in which it can perform the required function”.
Maintenance management covers the following activities:
- Measures to determine and evaluate the functional status including determination of the causes of wear and derivation of the required measures
- Measures to delay the deterioration of the existing level of wear
- Measures implemented to restore the function of a defective unit
- Measures to improve the reliability and/or maintainability and/or safety of a unit, without changing its original function
Maintenance strategies and concepts with SAP EAM (SAP Enterprise Asset Management)
With time, the classic maintenance due to defects has been eliminated and has been replaced by further-developed maintenance strategies and concepts, which can be mapped with SAP EAM (SAP Enterprise Asset Management):
- Preventive maintenance
- Condition-based maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
SAP EAM - Preventive maintenance
Preventive maintenance consists of both time-based and performance-based maintenance.
- Predefined maintenance plans with fixed or coordinated cycles determine all the maintenance dates and automatically generate an order for the specified dates
- Recording of meter readings at regular intervals to determine the updated maintenance dates
SAP EAM - Condition-based maintenance
In condition-based maintenance, the maintenance is based on predefined measurement points. If the limits for such a defined condition are exceeded, the system outputs a message.
SAP EAM - Predictive maintenance
Predictive maintenance is an extension of condition-based maintenance; in addition to the predefined measurement points, it also contains statistical evaluations and forecasts.
Triacos offers SAP EAM (SAP Enterprise Asset Management) - formerly SAP PM (SAP Plant Maintenance)
As an SAP main contractor, we offer support for the introduction of innovative SAP project solutions, from the strategic objectives through to potential/feasibility analysis, process design and implementation, up to support for ongoing operations.
We provide tailored consulting in SAP ERP, SAP EAM and SAP ECC. Our committed goal is to provide your company with SAP EAM and SAP ECC support, and to provide you with advice and assistance at all times. Once we have worked with you to analyze your business processes, we can move on to implementing your processes in SAP from both a logical and a business perspective.
We offer comprehensive expertise in SAP EAM and have proven our competencies time and again in a wide range of customer projects. We are equally happy working with standard SAP from start to finish or providing you with a customer-specific and made-to-measure solution.
Triacos lets you see with is achievable and what is necessary, thus enabling you to take the right decisions during the introduction and optimization of SAP EAM.
SAP - Digital Supply Chain by Triacos
To ensure successful project handling and a digital supply chain, we supply all services needed from a single source.
- SAP general contractor
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- SAP Manufacturing (MES)
- SAP System integration
- SAP eCommerce (HYBRIS)
- SAP Basis / Installation / Development
- SAP Authorizations
- Project management as general contractor
- Consulting / Strategy consulting
- System integration
- Operations support
- Support after go-live